Once again, the Phoenix Business Journal is recognizing outstanding members of the Valley who move the community forward with their leadership.
The 2020 Most Admired Leaders honorees come from a variety of industries and backgrounds. They champion innovation through corporate-giving programs, board service and volunteerism as well. The winners are chosen by a panel of former Most Admired Leader award recipients.
Due to the pandemic, the event was postponed from earlier in the year and will be held in a virtual format on Tuesday, Dec. 1. Click here to register and for more information.
The Lifetime Achievement Award recipient this year is Dan Burke, chairman of Goettl Air Conditioning & Plumbing. He has worked for the company for 32 years.
Founded in 1939, Goettl is one of the largest mechanical contractors in Arizona with $30 million in gross sales during 2019, according to Business Journal research. Goettl expanded during the pandemic, hiring at least 50 workers. It also announced plans this year to build a new headquarters in Scottsdale.
Here is this year’s class of Most Admired Leaders:
- Khalid Al-Maskari, CEO, Health Information Management Systems
- Ken Arnold, senior vice president and chief people officer, Avnet
- Michael Bidwill, president, Arizona Cardinals
- Sally Brandtneris, CFO, Logicalis US
- David Brown, CEO, Valley Leadership
- Lisa Doromal, CEO, Dress for Success Phoenix
- Leigh Dow, CEO, 48 West Agency
- Matt Feeney, chair, Snell & Wilmer
- Joan Fitzgerald, president, Xavier College Preparatory
- Don Garner, CEO, Alliance Bank of Arizona, a division of Western Alliance Bank, Member FDIC
- William Gelm, partner, Buchalter
- Mike Greenawalt, CEO, Rosendin
- Amy Hillman, dean of W. P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University
- Scott Jenkins, partner, Quarles & Brady
- Larry Johnson, president, Phoenix College
- Dr. Parvinderjit Khanuja, CEO, Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers
- Drena Kusari, regional general manager and regional director, Lyft Inc.
- Bryce Lloyd, president, FirstBank
- Kenneth Manuel, CEO, Gila River Hotels & Casinos
- Ryan Martin COO, Arizona Autism
- Paul Mulligan, CEO, Catholic Charities Community Services
- John Norling, partner, Jennings Strouss & Salmon, P.L.C.
- Michael Pollack, president, Michael A Pollack Real Estate Investments
- Joseph Specter, president and general Director, Arizona Opera
- Douglas Sylvester, dean, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at ASU
- David Tedesco, CEO, Outlier
- Joe Zaleski, director, Sunland Asphalt & Construction Inc.
- Aric Zion, CEO, Zion & Zion