In 1919 Woodrow Wilson was President of the United States, the average house sold for under $4,000 and Moses Rosendin began Rosendin Electric Motor Works. The company serviced the Santa Clara/San Jose agricultural community by wiring homes and shops, rewinding motors for wells and pumps and extending pole line facilities for utility companies. The company expanded its business to Central California through the ’20’s, the Depression and World War II.
The end of World War II brought rapid commercial and industrial growth to the Santa Clara Valley and enormously expanded work for Rosendin. The company grew from eight employees in the late 30’s to ninety employees in the 1950’s. It was at this time, in 1953, that Rosendin Electric was incorporated as an Electrical Contractor in the State of California.