The NECA Project Excellence Awards were created by the National Electrical Contractors Association to recognize electrical contractors who have done remarkable work during the previous calendar year. NECA honors contractors performing work across different market sectors for their commitment, professionalism, and ingenuity in delivering an electrical project.
“The level of excellence demonstrated in this year’s entries is phenomenal,” NECA Chief Executive Officer David Long said. “Each year, our members’ passion shines through. I’m excited we have the opportunity to showcase their projects.”
Members of NECA’s Business Development Task Force judged 73 projects that were submitted by 48 firms based on aesthetics, application, difficulty, innovation, and originality.
“Once again, this year’s entries display the depth, breadth, and expertise NECA contractors bring to electrical construction projects throughout the country,” NECA Executive Director of Business Development Mir Mustafa said. “NECA members and the men and women who work for them provide the critical services that customers depend and rely upon to get their projects done on time and under budget.
The entries feature projects small and large, from religious facilities and schools and universities, to hospitals, hotels, commercial office buildings, sports stadiums, and large solar installations.
Customers include companies like Apple, Duke Energy, Facebook, FedEx, Jones Lang LaSalle, Merck & Co., Oracle, Nordstrom, McDonalds, and Southwest Airlines; and organizations like the Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, and the Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks.”
This year’s recipients will be recognized during at NECA 2019 Las Vegas, which will be held on Sept. 14-17 at Mandalay Bay. Go to www.projectexcellenceawards.com to learn more about the awards program and view the photo gallery. Read the full list below:
2019 NECA PROJECT EXCELLENCE AWARD WINNERS
(Category – Contractor – Project – NECA Chapter)
- Commercial/Institutional Over $1M – Rosendin Electric – Apple Park – Santa Clara Valley
- Commercial/Institutional Under $1M – Mayberry Electric – Jones Lang Lasalle 12th & 14th Floor Renovation – Atlanta
- Design-Build Over $1M – Livingston Electrical Associates Inc. – The Times Square Edition Hotel – New York City
- Design-Build Under $1M – Pals Electric Inc. – South Central FS Feed Mill – Illinois
- Educational Over $1M – ERMCO Inc. – Indiana University Excellence Academy – Central Indiana
- Educational Under $1M – Sullivan Solar Power – Palm Springs Unified School District – Cathedral City High School – San Diego
- Energy Solutions/Green Buildings Over $1M – Kelso-Burnett Company – Flagship McDonalds Chicago, Formally Known as the Rock n Roll McDonalds – Chicago & Cook County
- Healthcare Over $1M – Battaglia Electric Inc. – Bayhealth Hospital – New Sussex Campus Facility – Penn-Del-Jersey
- Healthcare Under $1M
- Mayberry Electric Inc. – Advanced Urology Institute of Georgia & Sandy Springs Center for Urologic Surgery – Atlanta
- Industrial – McPhee Electric Ltd. – FedEx Distribution Hub – Connecticut
- Low Voltage/Integrated Systems – Staff Electric Co., Inc. – Fiserv Forum – Wisconsin
- Overhead Transmission – The L E Myers Company – Venice to Campbell 138 kV River Crossing Over Mississippi River – American Line Builders
- Residential – Anderson Electric Inc. – Illinois Governor’s Mansion – Illinois
- Streetlighting/Traffic Signals Over $1M – Mark One Electric Company Inc. – Bartle Hall – Roadway Lighting – Kansas City
- Streetlighting/Traffic Signals Under $1M – Carr & Duff Inc. – Trenton Makes the World Takes Sign Lighting Replacement – Southern New Jersey
- Substation/Interconnection – O’Connell Electric Company Inc. – Station 122 – Northeastern Line Constructors
- Transportation/Infrastructure – C3M Power Systems LLC – Rehabilitation of Orange Blue Line Metro Rail System – Washington DC