By: Jennifer Goodman
Construction Dive Lead Editor
As part of Women in Construction Week, Construction Dive published its third Construction Champions project on Monday. Our editorial team evaluated more than 400 nominations this year to choose and highlight the Rising Stars, Up-and-Coming Leaders, Mentors, Tradeswoman Leaders and Industry Veterans.
This year’s entrants represent women in all walks of life and in all levels of experience, from entry level managers to seasoned executives. The one thing they have in common is their passion for construction as a career path for women, and they are working to share that dream with others.
The 2023 Construction Champions are:
Rising Stars -Although they are some of construction’s youngest employees, these women have already made a mark on the industry.
- Laila Audelo, Preconstruction Manager, McCarthyBuilding Cos.
- Rose Boleen, Assistant Project Manager, Swinerton’s Timberlab
- Stephanie Crepeau, Superintendent, BOND Building
- Jenny Herrera, Assistant Project Manager, The Weitz Co.
- Mary Madden, Superintendent, Whiting-Turner Contracting Co.
- Nicole Prettyman, Director, Impact Development Management
Up-and-Coming Leaders – they are known as hard-working change agents in their companies and in the broader construction community.
- Stephani Flores, Project Manager, ANF Group
- Tessa Lau, CEO and Co-Founder, Dusty Robotics
- Anne Minor, Project Manager, PC Construction
- Nelly Morales, Vice President of Human Resources & Safety, Naranjo Civil Contractors
- Danielle O’connell, Senior Director, Emerging Technology, Skanska USA
- Meloni Raney, President and CEO, TEXO -affiliated with both Associated Builders and Contractors and the Associated General Contractors of America
- Triloka Shanbhag, Project Executive, HITT Contracting
Mentors – These women not only help others break into the industry but have long strived to make it a better place for all who work in it.
- Kara Rene Arenas, Vice President and NCCER Master Trainer, Associated Builders and Contractors’ Nevada Chapter
- Priscilla Chavez, Manager of Business Development, PCL Construction
- Christy Crook, President/CEO, Phoenix Masonry
- Kathleen Dobson, Safety Director, Alberici Constructors
- Libby Murphy, Project Executive, Suffolk
- Rosni Pann, Project Manager, McCarthy Building Cos.
Tradeswomen – They use their hands and their heads to shape commercial construction and promote the industry’s career benefits for all.
- Judaline Cassidy, Plumber, New York City Housing Authority; Founder, Tools and Tiaras
- Demi Knight Clark, Owner and Founder, Spark Building Group
- Janet Powers-Pacella, Business Agent Steamfitters, Local 638
- Sonja Rheaume, President and Co-Owner, Christenson Electric
- Dani Stauft, Senior Project Manager and Regional Trainer, Rosendin
- Jackie Townsend, Bricklayer instructor, Paul Simon Chicago Job Corps Center
Industry Veteran – They are stalwarts of the industry, well known in their fields and respected by all who work with them.
- Laura Bush, Director of Operations, New York City Metro Region, Consigli Construction Co.
- Puja Goel, Principal and Co-Founder, Atlas Evaluation & Inspection Services
- Lauline Mitchell, Director of Preconstruction, BBI Construction also President, National Association of Women in Construction
- Jody Quinton, Northwest Regional Leader, DPR Construction
- Trisha Stefanski, Asset Management Program Director, Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Yvette Stevens Vice President and Director of Economic Inclusion, Gilbane Building Co.
Construction Dive’s daily newsletter will highlight a different category of women in each issue this week. To get the Construction Champion sent straight to your inbox this week, subscribe to Construction Dive here.
Construction Dive provides in-depth journalism and insight into the most impactful news and trends shaping the construction and building industry. The daily email newsletter and website cover topics such as commercial building, residential building, green building, design, deals, regulations and more. Sign up here for the free daily newsletter.
Construction Dive is part of Industry Dive, an Informa business. Nearly 14 million decision-makers across 26 competitive industries rely on our exclusive insight and analysis delivered through 29 publications.