The Sherwood School District passed a bond in November of 2016. One of the major projects identified within the bond was construction of a new high school to replace the existing high school. The existing school was severely overcrowded, and it was determined that the existing location was too limited in size to accommodate the future needs of the district. The new 342,131 square foot state of the art high school and associated facilities will be on approximately 83 acres and include:
- A football field & track with a 2,885-seat stadium;
- Ticket booth, concession stands, and (4) Food Truck Connections;
- (2) baseball fields with associated dugouts, bleachers, indoor batting cages, & a press box.
- (2) softball fields with associated dugouts, bleachers, indoor batting cages, & a press box.
- (2) Multi-use fields for soccer/lacrosse
- Tennis courts;
- A greenhouse and agricultural labs;
- Specialty Classrooms for Fashion & interior Design, 2D & 3D Art, Culinary, & Drama;
- Specialty classroom labs for Engineering, Science, Computer, Wood Shop, & Metal Shop;
- Indoor Gymnasium, Weight rooms, wrestling room, dance rooms, and running track;
- Outdoor commons;
- Associated parking;
- State of the art Theatrical area with specialty Lighting & Controls.
The high school will open in 2020 and have a maximum student capacity of 2,000 with projected opening enrollment of 1,870.
Watch the Sherwood High School project construction live at: www.senserasystems.com/public/cameras/SherwoodHS
Courtesy of Skanska USA Building, Inc.