Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company. # LI-LL1
The Senior Purchasing Agent is responsible for the purchase of electrical equipment and construction materials, and issuing subcontracts. This position provides project specific leadership and management for procurement of engineered equipment, subcontracts, professional services, commodities, permanent plant materials, and small tools and supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Oversee and plan all aspects of purchasing from pre‐bid to closeout.
- Represent company in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers, subcontractors and professional service providers.
- Negotiate commercial terms and conditions with equipment vendors, material vendors, professional service providers and subcontractors, while consulting with corporate attorneys and senior management to minimize project and corporate risk while maintaining commercial competitiveness.
- Monitor and oversee execution of the purchasing buy‐out.
- Manage the qualification and evaluation process for vendors of materials and equipment, subcontractors and professional service providers.
- Develop and implement procurement and contract management instructions, policies and assist in procedures.
- Manage the maintenance of records of goods ordered and received.
- Interface with estimating management, design professionals and site management.
- Interface with engineering for the development of specifications for equipment or materials.
- Provide feedback to assist in analyzing market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Communicate and enforce procurement policies and procedures to project team.
- Provide training and conduct procurement related audits to ensure procurement policies and procedures are followed.
- Responsible for projections, financial planning, expediting, delivery schedules and project purchasing reporting.
- Oversee the development and review of all procurement analytics, reporting and deliverables.
- Must be able to provide supervision to expeditor/buyer if necessary.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management of related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ electrical construction purchasing experience
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of electrical equipment and construction materials
- Working knowledge of procurement techniques, procedures, policies and accounting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Must exhibit supervisory skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self‐motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.