Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Designer I is responsible for the creation of marked drawings and other documents to show equipment and device layouts and branch circuiting for power, lighting, and auxiliary drawings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position requires continuous supervision by a senior-level Designer (Designer III or above), Engineer, the Division Engineering Manager, the Director of Engineering or the Chief Engineer.
- This position requires oversight from the Cad Manager for graphic standards and layout.
- Assemble a complete symbols list and common project notes from the REI Standard relevant to the project.
- Mark-up branch circuit lighting and power plans and fill in panel board schedules with moderate supervision.
- Apply Title 24 lighting rules and requirements with little supervision, and apply any local jurisdiction’s energy requirements with supervision.
- Apply Rosendin standards for wire sizing, transformer feeders, and protection from published schedules. Has a working knowledge of feeder sizing, but may not be able to complete engineering calculations without assistance from the Engineer.
- Calculate lighting levels and layout fixtures for all traditional spaces. Would require assistance of an Engineer or Senior Designer for spaces of high finish, specific application or aesthetic sensitivity.
- Select appropriate lighting fixtures and controls from either the Rosendin standards or product lines as appropriate for the project.
- Coordinate signal and low voltage subcontractors and designs with supervision and assistance.
- Back-check of own work for accuracy and completeness before passing on to others.
- Limited field work and surveying skills.
- Limited coordination with other trades and disciplines on the project.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Position requires a team oriented person with good interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate with others.
- Project filing, submittal processing or support work in furtherance of the project’s assigned to their group.
- provide assistance in designing portions of projects as assigned by superiors
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Postsecondary non-degree award or certification
- Minimum 1 year experience with CAD/BIM software
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ABILITIES:
- Fluency in the current version of CAD/BIM software employed by the Department
- Able to generate e-mail independently
- Documents and archives work pursuant the REI standard
- Must be capable of marking up simple lighting and power plans and updating/creating all associated drawings in concert with other trades with accuracy in a manner appropriate for the project
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin Electric is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.