Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States, employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
***100% Travel ***
Job site located Lancaster, CA
The Civil Construction Manager (Renewable) is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome for several small to medium projects or on one very large project. The CCM leads and manages subcontractors to deliver exceptional results for our clients. The position proactively develops new business opportunities and relationships with current and potential customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies. Put these in clear concise work statement for the field.
2. Manage civil contractor and review bids for complete scopes of works, and leveling map to analyze all bids are the same. Plan check and constructability reviews on drainage, piles, etc., with RFI’s and submittals completed early on.
3. Monitor construction activities in conjunction with the onsite Foreman and Area Superintendent to ensure project is being built on schedule, and within budgets.
4. Coordination and flow of the schedule is to be clear and concise, and sequenced up front, including entrances to the jobsites, set up of trailers, roads, traffic flow, parking, drainage, gas crossings, utilities, etc.
5. Investigate any potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures within company guidelines, and under supervision
6. Represent company/project in meetings with client, subcontractors, etc.
7. Prepare monthly costing reports
8. Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client
9. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or other related discipline preferred.
• PE license a plus
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in project management, preferably in electrical construction. Knowledge of construction technology, scheduling, equipment and methods required.
• Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Proven experience mentoring and managing others.
• Business development/heavy client interaction a plus.
• Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures;
• Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
• Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures
• Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle and Accubid preferred
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
• Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
• Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
• Ability to be self‐motivated, proactive and an effective team player
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
• 100 %
• General work environment – Due to the variety of work to be performed, the Civil Construction Manager may be working at a job site or in the office. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning. May be sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, and bending. At a job site, may be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions.
• Noise level is usually low to medium; can be loud on a job site.
• Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.