Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your experience and work with amazing people who will support your growth? If you're ready to work in the finance department of one of the largest electrical contractors in the nation, then we want to hear from you. Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED which means you have the opportunity to a company owner. It's one of the best places to grow your career and work along side of people who care about great work and supporting one another. For more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for timely and accurate general ledger closings to meet accounting calendar deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Supervise, train, and develop employees to enhance their performance. Establish objectives and assignments and provide ongoing feedback through performance reviews and development plans.
- Efficiently manage month-end close activities; prepare and or review appropriate general ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Help prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Researching and implementing guidance associated with technical accounting issues
- Work on special projects and assist senior management when necessary.
- Assists in the preparation and management of the Annual Budget process
- Preparation and or review of monthly and annual financial reporting packages ensuring that discrepancies against budget or historical trends are analyzed, explained and documented.
- Assist in providing support for tax, audit and examination processes, including audited financial statements.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement and solve problems.
- Review and approve timecards for staff. Manage and update Kronos as needed.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, including a minimum of 3 years public accounting experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- A passion for detail and complexity; a knack for problem solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Experience with larger ERP systems and financial reporting tools; Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Effective leader with excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to be self-motivated , proactive and a team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.